Prevention & Oral Hygiene
Our oral hygienists perform routine cleanings, which consists of a thorough scale and polish (cleaning) to remove all the plaque and hardened deposits on the teeth, a fluoride application and oral hygiene instructions and -education. This ensures optimal oral health, preventing cavities and treating gum disease. It is especially important to maintain healthy teeth and gums as a clean mouth is less likely to develop cavities or gum disease. This is also an opportunity for the oral hygienist to spot any possible cavities or areas in the oral cavity that requires attention. Our full fine cleaning takes about 45-60 minutes to complete. Our oral hygienists will giver proper instructions and guidance as to how to brush and floss effectively. At each appointment she will also re-evaluate your cleaning regimen and advise any changes if need be.
We motivate patients to come for a routine cleaning and check-up once every 6 months in order to keep the amount of bacterial growth and gum inflammation to a minimum and to prevent bleeding gums, pain and cavities.
How do I maintain good oral health?
- Correct brushing and flossing techniques is required to maintain a healthy mouth and to prevent cavities, inflamed and bleeding gums and halitosis (bad breath).
- Brush 2 x daily for 4 minutes at a time. This needs to happen in the morning after breakfast and in the evening brushing your teeth should be the last thing you do before going to bed.
- Floss at least 1 x daily.
- Interdental brushes or devices can be used in addition to brushing and flossing.
- Reduce your sugar intake and follow a healthy diet.
- Ensure you have 6 x monthly oral hygiene visits.
Call Us Today for a Consultation!
We look forward to welcoming you to our practice!